CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

cream of the crop.. you can find different kinds of students here.. we are simply & humbly BBrC 4-1D..

Monday, October 6, 2008

Grechell Ann Silvestre's Profile




Faith Against All Odds

By Charmagne Marie Gregana

With lots of intrigues involving PUP these days, many people think of what PUPians might feel about these incidents. But with all these issues going on, you can still find students who have nothing but praises to say about their Alma Matter. Fortunately, I got to get to know one of them.

PROFILE
Name: Grechell Ann P. Silvestre
Age: 19
Year & Course: BBrC III-Irr

What have you heard of Pup before you enrolled here?
I heard that the university offers a good quality education especially in the fields of Accountancy and Broadcast Communication.


How is your stay in the university so far?
So far, so good. It is my third year in the university and officially my second year here in College of Communication. Shifting to Broadcast Communication has been a great move for me. I am enjoying the life of being a COCian and discover a lot of new things in me.

How has your perception of the university changed when it comes to academic quality?
It’s all good. Talking about the college I belong to, I believe that the subjects in the curriculum would help the students to enhance and excel in the field they chose. I admire the production subjects offered in the college which I definitely agree that, it is a great help to the students.

Why did you choose Broadcast Communication?
I chose Broadcast Communication because I want to explore the media industry. Aside from the fact that I want to be part of the radio industry, I believe that the Media Industry is an exciting field. Besides, being a Broadcast Journalist means serving our countrymen to the deepest of our ability.


What can you say about the university’s capacity in developing and enhancing your potentials in broadcasting?
I wouldn’t love this university until I shifted course. I saw the university’s capability of making globally competitive students when I entered the world of Broadcast Communication. I saw that the university, aside from the political crisis that it has been experiencing, I discovered that it is still holding its commitment to produce a good quality graduates most especially in the field of Broadcasting. Like I said, I was able to know new things about me, I got the chance to try and discover the wonderful yet intriguing world of broadcasting, and I am still looking forward to encounter new things in this field.


What study habits have you developed when you enrolled in this course?
I grew up with a good study habits my mom has taught me. Since most of the COCians that I encountered are more comfortable “cramming”, I never did allow myself to experience it. Thus, I want a task to be done, days before it has to be passed. Although sometimes, I admit that I got to experience cramming. I am not a perfect student. But when I will see to it that I can still be able to catch up whenever I am in this situation.

What experiences in the college do you treasure most?
There are lots of experiences that I will surely treasure most. But to mention a few, first, being part of Campus Aircheck of Campus 99.5 (not until its sudden reformat) is a great experience for me. I felt some sense of belongingness in my course when I passed the audition. Second, the production subjects that I had. I enjoyed each and every activity that we had. Lastly, the writing stuffs that our Professors gave us. (I would want to be a writer, so it has always been an exciting one for me.)


How do you see yourself working in the media industry five years from now?
I would see myself going to different places, making documentaries of any types of people; I would see myself writing news for radio, and even being the DJ of a radio station. If I can still cope up with the society, I would want to write feature articles for a magazine here in the Philippines. =)


What’s the greatest lesson in life that you’ve learned in the college that could be of great help to you in your chosen career?
One of the best lessons I have learned is that, we have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. And we have to face each and every trial given to us ‘cause it will make us strong. Be yourself. No one in the world is exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically me. So there’s no need to pretend and be another person. Because we are unique individuals in our own way. =)

0 comments: