CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

cream of the crop.. you can find different kinds of students here.. we are simply & humbly BBrC 4-1D..

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hector Aquino's Profile



by Joy Alaine Gapaz


I was able to interview a broadcast communication student in the Polytechnic University of the Philippines named Hector Paule Aquino. A 19-year-old guy from Balsik, Hermosa, Bataan.
It has been 3 years since he studied in PUP. Here is how the interview goes.

I asked Mr. Aquino why he chose to study in PUP. He said, knowing the fact that PUP offers low tuition fee and it is not so good when it comes to facilities, he chose this university because he know it will enhance and cater his skills and expertise in order to achieve his goals. Aside from that, he said, he knows that he can acquire some knowledgeable things and wisdom that will lead him to a better student. And PUP provides quality education that is why the students here were called as “Iskolar ng Bayan” that he should be proud of. Lastly, he is confident to say that PUP is worth staying for although it lacks some educational facilities, the community, as a whole, for many decades of its existence, has always been supportive to the students. Then why take up this course? I said, he answered, I chose Broadcast Communication because I think it is my interest and I would like to be a part of the media industry soon. Of course, I want to develop my talent as well as my confidence that somehow, if I he will be given a chance, I would like to be a renowned broadcaster. In addition, I asked if he would like the idea of working while studying, he said no, because he want to settle everything and that his priority is his studies. He said that it is hard to balance his time, there are many sacrifices, and he does not want to experience that kind of situation. He said that you could not focus well on your studies if you will work while studying. So if he will have trouble in balancing school and work, his grades might suffer.


I asked Mr. Aquino if he want to take a Master’s Degree after finishing his Bachelor’s Degree. He said, Yes and No. Yes, because he want to broaden his knowledge and explore more things. He said no, because his family is expecting him to go to work after graduating in order for him to help them in their needs and because the time is running. When I asked him if he think that he had the right decision when he chose PUP, he proudly said, yes. I am proud to be a PUPian.
I asked him how he sees himself 5 years from now; he said that he is hoping that 5 years from now, he is having a stable job in a renowned company in the media industry.


Then I asked him, do you think that your parents are earning enough to provide your needs? He said, yes. Because aside from my parents, my uncle also supports me and he provides the things that I need in order for me to continue my studies although there are times that it is very hard for them to support me financially. For my final question, I asked him if he you plan to work on a job not related to his course if it will give you more earnings. Yes and No, he answered. Yes, because practically you will earn money in an easy way and No, because since from the very start he would like to be a part of the media industry, if not, at least related to communication.

0 comments: