CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

cream of the crop.. you can find different kinds of students here.. we are simply & humbly BBrC 4-1D..

Monday, October 6, 2008

Heintji Soriano's Profile


by Anna Mikhaella San Andres





Know how it feels to be the nephew of the highest ranking official in your college department, the dean, I decided to set an interview with the nephew of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines- College of Communication dean, Dean Robert Soriano.
Heintji S. Soriano, a student from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines is currently on his third year, taking up Broadcast Communication at the College of Communication.
Having this connection, he finds it both beneficial and sometimes quite pissing.
“Well, it’s kind of awkward for me to say ‘it’s great’ because my moves here are always limited. There are many eyes that keep staring at anything that I do, but in terms of enrollment and office access, I have more privilege than others.” he explained.
Being the nephew of the dean, a lot of professors expect high from Heintji, starting from his grades to his talents. He ‘s always observed because whatever he’ll do will affect not just his name but also his uncle’s.
“It helps me in a way that I have more privilege and because of that, it’s easier for me to mingle with the secretaries and professors which makes life easier in COC.”
This down to earth guy is an irregular student in COC, originally taking up Bachelor in Elementary Education in Our Lady of Lourdes; he transferred to PUP because he feels that is where he really belongs.
Through not affiliated with any organization in COC, he is still known inside and outside the classroom. This second of the three siblings of Mr. Benjie and Mrs. Carol Soriano is known for being friendly and approachable. And having a passion for singing, he won the second place on the recently held COC Idol at the PUP Main Campus.
“PUP-COC is a lot better and different as well as my previous school because it is many opportunities and it is a great college, university.”
As friendly as this guy is, Heintji has friends inside and outside the College, and this is one of the many reasons why he stays in COC. The camaraderie and the closeness he has made, makes him enjoy more his life in COC.
“I find COC as my second home, I learned a lot here, not only academically but also morally. It change my attitude, I get more creative and confident.”

Though a relative of the dean, this guy proves that having connections is not only the important thing. How you carry yourself and how you create relations with people matters. Considering COC as his second home, he told me that PUP-COC is one of a kind and that no place is better than home.

0 comments: