CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

cream of the crop.. you can find different kinds of students here.. we are simply & humbly BBrC 4-1D..

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Via Camille Bernabe's Profile


ONE PROUD PUPian


By Ma. Anaflor A. Residuo

Polytechnic University of the Philippines—the nation’s cheapest university. It is an undeniable fact that studying in PUP is such a great privilege, not only because of its minimal tuition fee but also because of the credibility it holds—that PUP produces only the best, the smartest, and the most competent beings.

But who can hold true with these beliefs? Are the students of this generation still confident enough that they will have a bright future after graduating in this Alma Mater? To satisfy all these intricacies, I interviewed a PUPian and ask her feelings and opinions about this matter.

Ms. Via Camille Bernabe, 18 years old is a 3rd year student taking up Bachelor in Broadcast Communication. “Actually my first choice was BS Tourism, but due to the height requirement I wasn’t able to pursue it. My classmates back in high school told me that I should take up mass communication because it is a course that requires not only the knowledge but also the skills. I found it interesting and challenging so I followed my friend’s advice and so here I am now, really looking forward in working in one of the country’s leading broadcast station,” said Ms. Bernabe. Moreover, her reason for choosing PUP as her training ground for her chosen career was the same as the reasons of many other PUPians, and that is mainly because of the very low tuition fee it offers but still has a good quality education. Her life and studying experience in PUP is also lived by any other ordinary students. “I reside in Pasig City that’s why at first I found it hard to commute everyday and rush myself everytime I am caught in a heavy traffic. But as time goes by, ayun nakasanayan ko na rin. PUP is not a quite university as we all know it. Students are very radical and they really fight for their rights. Rally dito, rally doon. But in my 3 years stay here, I didn’t find it hard to adjust in that kind of environment. I realized that you do not really need to join those rallies and be an activist. You have some alternatives: you can support them silently or just ignore them at all. Anyway, that is their right,” Ms. Bernabe elaborates.

In my interview with her, I also discovered more reasons to become a proud PUPian like her. Although the university does not have enough facilities to support the every need of the students, the PUP is constantly reminding everybody of how really life is. When you go out, you may see the train coming and so you’ll be more careful about your every steps. When you visit the mall with your friends, you will learn how to enjoy even without money. These are only some of the many examples and proofs of how it is great to study in PUP. Real life on real situations is what the institution is teaching everybody. Therefore, let us all be like Ms. Bernabe, very positive and very proud of being a PUPian and a PUP graduate in the near future.

0 comments: